SGAC-EIC Space Entrepreneurship Paper Competition
The International Astronautical Federation’s (IAF) Entrepreneurship and Investment Committee (EIC) in cooperation with the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) challenges young minds to think about the future, past and present of Entrepreneurship and Investment within the Space Sector and submit their views and analysis to this competition.
The content of papers may address any characteristics of Entrepreneurship and Investment in the Space Sector that you might regard as particularly interesting or important. Questions addressed may include:
- What are the historic and/or current definitions and examples of entrepreneurship and investment?
- What are the historic and/or current definitions and examples of public-private partnership models?
- What are the real or perceived barriers, obstacles, or opportunities of entrepreneurship and investment?
- What are the real or perceived factors that influence behaviors and public perceptions of entrepreneurs and investors?
- Other topics can include a critical analysis of historical analogies comparing the development of past industries (e.g. other modes of transportation or other non-transportation industries) and the emerging commercial space industry.
The main author of the winning paper will receive a travel allowance of up to USD 2000 in order to attend and give a presentation at the Space Generation Congress (SGC) 2012 and the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) 2012 in Naples, Italy. Dates are:
|Space Generation Congress:||27th – 29th September 2012|
|International Astronautical Congress:||1st – 5th October 2012|
- The papers should conform to the rules for submission to the IAC. They must include original content and research.
- The participants are encouraged to submit an abstract at an early point of their process. Based upon the scientific direction of the paper explained in the abstract, the participant will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of the paper to the competition. If no abstract has been handed in, the acceptance will be decided upon based on the final paper.
- All submission emails should have a point of contact identified in the email with name, affiliation, address, email, and phone number. This point of contact should be the main author of the paper. Any submissions after the due date will not be considered. Award winner will be announced by 15 August, 2011 (tentative).
- A presentation of the winner’s paper at the IAC E6.3 paper session and during SGC, schedule permitting, is part of the competition. Thus the winner will need to prepare an associated presentation after the announcement of the winner.
- Submissions can be made by individuals or teams. In case of team submissions, one member must be identified as the main author and main point of contact. Only one member of the team will be eligible to receive the prize funding to attend the conferences. All team members must be at or under thirty-five (35) years of age by 30th September 2012 (born after September 30th, 1977).
For the complete rules, please see the Terms and Conditions.
|Submission Deadline:||15th July 2012 (23:59 GMT)|
|Winners announced:||15th August 2012 (tentatively)|
|Space Generation Congress:||27th - 29th September 2012, Naples, Italy|
|International Astronautical Congress:||1st - 5th October 2012, Naples, Italy|
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
APPLY NOW AND
Mr. Julio Aprea
Mr. A.C. Charania
Mr. Ken Davidian
Mr. Adil Jafry
Interested in supporting the $pace is Business! competition? Please see more details on our Support Page.
|For more information please contact|
|Julio Aprea||Philipp Maier|
|$pace is Business! Coordinators|
- Competition Judges and Biographies - to be announced
- Information Sheet about $pace is Business! for promotion