1 April 2017
We are proud to announce that the 3rd South American Space Generation Workshop will be held in October 2017. To help coordinate this event, SGAC is currently seeking an event manager for this event.
Deadline for Applications: 20 April 2017
- Lead the recruitment of the organising team for the event
- Coordinate and supervise the organising team during preparations and execution of the event
- Develop the overall work plan and event schedule
- Plan the strategic development of the SGW series under the supervision of the Regional Coordinators
- Ensure the event quality and structure is in line with the SGAC guidelines
- Attend the monthly Regional Event Managers’ meeting
The Event Manager will work under the supervision of the South American Regional Coordinators (acting as event advisors). S/he will be working in close collaboration with the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator, Laszlo Bacsardi, to make sure the event is in line with the SGAC guidelines and strategic plan. This is a volunteer position.
Estimated time commitment: 8 hours per week
Necessary Qualifications and Skills
- Membership in SGAC (aged 18-34 and registered on the SGAC website)
- Quick email response time
- Experience with project management and task scheduling
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Customer service mentality
- Professional fluency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event) is a plus
This is your opportunity to develop skills in project management and communications, interact directly with some of today's top leaders in the space sector, work with the next generation of space sector leaders from around the globe and take part in space policy at the UN with space agencies, industry and academia.
Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC scholarships and awards. They also receive discounts for attending SGAC events.
Please send an email with Subject [Application for SA-SGW Event Manager, Surname], together with:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 2 pages) with date of birth and citizenship
- A headshot photo, and
- A letter of motivation (up to 1 page)
- Applications close: 20 April 2017
- Review of application and interviews: 20-25 April 2017
- Announcement of results: 26 April 2017