5 April 2016
The SGAC is seeking a volunteer to join the executive office as our Executive Co-Secretary. If you are an SGAC member who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for Applications: 30 April 2016
Role and Responsibilities
Excellent written English
Speedy email response time
Good computer skills (specifically GIMP/photoshop and Microsoft Office)
Administration/moderation of SGAC mailing lists
Administration of the NPoC recruitment process
Maintenance of the SGAC Team Member database
Preparations for the SGAC General assembly (preparation of agenda, change request documents, ...)
Documenting executive council meetings, General Assemblies and other meetings (taking minutes)
Preparation of certificates of appointment, business card and other requested documents for team member
Contribution to webteam activities (at peak times) and monitoring the SGAC website for errors
Responding to e-mail requests by team members
Assisting the Executive Director and co-Chairs with miscellaneous operational needs
The Co-Secretaries are part of the Executive Office and also serve on the Elections Oversight Committee.
The Executive Co-Secretary will join the current Executive Secretary, Ramasamy Venugopal (India), and work under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Approximate time commitment: Estimated at an average 4-6 hours a week.
Duration of term: 2 years renewable for another 2 years depending on performance.
Be a part of leading and shaping our organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- International recognition as part of the organisation's leadership on the SGAC team webpage
- Invitation to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
How to Apply
- Letter of Intent
- CV with date of birth
- Head shot photograph
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted after the deadline, will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2016
Interviews: 1-15 May 2016
Announcement of results: 20 May 2016