Papers & Reports
SGAC Perspectives on Future Space
- The Youth Space Vision for the Next Decade
- Youth Space Vision for the Next Decade: Presentation to UN COPUOS
- SGAC's 50 Years Vision Paper
Tomorrow's Space Leaders' Perspectives on Pertinent Space Topics
- Space Generation Congress 2012 Final Report including Session Reports
- Space Generation Congress 2012 Executive Summary
- Space Generation Fusion Forum 2012 Final Report
- Space Generation Congress 2011 Executive Summary
- Space Generation Congress 2011 Final Report including Session Reports
- Space Generation Congress 2011 Session Reports on:
- Industry: The report identifies the distinct challenges involved space debris and its mitigation.
- Agency: The report discusses economic, technical, and policy issues related to spectrum allocation and suggested how they might be regulated so that their use benefits all actors of the international space community .
- Society: The report debates how to integrate space technology into society.
- Exploration: The report discusses the topic of robotic exploration in the light of today's evolving global space sector.
- Outreach: This report demonstrates that outer space is not only the domain of wealthy and technologically advanced nations. Space-based technology is in fact, currently one of the best tools to bridge the gap between developed and developing countries.
- Space Generation Congress 2010 Final Report including Session Reports
- Space Generation Congress 2010 Session Reports on:
- Industry: The report analyzes the prospects of privatising the space sector as well as the obstacles that will be faced.
- Agency: The report discusses global navigation satellite systems and their use during all phases of disaster management.
- Climate: The report focuses on the current technical and political challenges of collecting, synthesizing, and exchanging Earth observation data – both from satellites as well as from community remote sensing.
- Exploration: The report debates humanspace exploration as well as analyzes the feasibility of a manned mission to Mars.
- Outreach: The report presents ways to better encourage students to enter and remain in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Space Generation Congress 2009 Final Report including Session Reports
- Space Generation Congress 2009 Session Reports on:
- Peace: What type of legal and policy tools are still needed to enable long-term peaceful uses of outer space
- Industry: The current relationship between the space sector and the next generation of the international space workforce
- Exploration: How to sustain, generate, and enhance general public and political awareness and excitement about space exploration
- Climate: How space technology can complement terrestrial technologies in mitigating the problems of climate change
- Agency: The uses the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) in structuring transportation systems in developing countries
- SGAC's Community Response to the Augustine Report
SGAC Project Team Papers and Presentations
- Space Applications for Disaster Relief: The Haiti Earthquake Brief, produced by the SGAC Group on Space Technologies for Disaster Management Group
- Near Earth Objects and Planetary Defence: A Film About Defending the Earth, produced by the NEO Working Group
- Space Situational Awareness, produced by the SGAC Space Safety and Sustainability Working Group
- Space Weather, Effects on Space Missions, produced by the SGAC Space Safety and Sustainability Working Group