$pace is Business Competition
The International Astronautical Federation’s (IAF) Entrepreneurship and Investment Committee (EIC) in cooperation with the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) challenges young minds to think about the future, past and present of Entrepreneurship and Investment within the Space Sector and submit their views and analysis to this competition.
The content of papers may address any topic related to one of the two areas ‘Public/Private Human Access to Space’ or ‘New Space and New Science’ that you might regard as particularly interesting or important. Questions addressed may include, but are not limited to:
- What are historic and/or current examples of public/private human orbital space activities?
- Which roles do governments and industry take within public-private partnerships concerning human access to space?
- How do industry and governments complement each other in regard to human access to space?
- What are opportunities and/or barriers for the development of a commercial market for human access to orbit under the current national and international space policies and acquisition strategies?
- What are current and/or historic examples of scientific space programs undertaken by private organizations?
- What are opportunities and/or barriers for private organizations endeavoring to conduct scientific space exploration?
- What are opportunities, changes, or difficulties that await the non-profit world of science with the emergence of private organizations in scientific space activities?
The main author of the winning paper will receive an award of up to USD 2500 in order to attend and give a presentation at the Space Generation Congress (SGC) 2014 and the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) 2014 in Toronto, Canada. Dates are:
Space Generation Congress: 25th – 27th September 2014
International Astronautical Congress: 29th September – 3rd October
- The papers should conform to the rules for submission to the IAC, a template can be downloaded here. They must include original content and research.
- The participants are encouraged to submit an abstract at an early point of their process. Based upon the scientific direction of the paper explained in the abstract, the participant will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of the paper to the competition. If no abstract has been handed in, the acceptance will be decided upon based on the final paper.
- The final submissions are due as PDF or MS Word documents and should be emailed to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.. All submissions must be made by June 30th, 2014 by 23:59 GMT.
- All submission emails should have a point of contact identified in the email with name, affiliation, address, email, and phone number. This point of contact should be the main author of the paper. Any submissions after the due date will not be considered. Award winner will be announced by 1st August, 2014 (tentative).
- The winning author is required to give a presentation of his/her paper at IAC 2014 and at SGC 2014.
- Submissions can be made by individuals or teams up to a maximum of three members. In case of team submissions, one member must be identified as the main author and main point of contact. Only one member of the team will be eligible to receive the prize funding to attend the conferences. All team members must be at or under thirty-five (35) years of age by 29th September 2014 (born after September 29th, 1979).
For the complete rules, please see the Terms and Conditions.
Space Generation Congress:
International Astronautical Congress:
30th June 2014 (23:59 GMT) - EXTENDED 15th July 2014 (23:49 GMT)
1st August 2014 (tentatively)
25th – 27th September 2014, Toronto, Canada
29th September – 3rd October 2014, Toronto, Canada
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
APPLY NOW AND
عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
Mr. Julio Aprea
Mr. A.C. Charania
Mr. Ken Davidian
Mr. Adil Jafry
Interested in supporting the $pace is Business! competition? Please see more details on our Support Page.
|Philipp Maier||Scott Fisher|
$pace is Business! Competition Coordinators
Email: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
- Information Sheet about $pace is Business! for promotion